Logos and branding are very important. In most countries of the world, people cannot read English or French, but they remember images very well. Check the best way to design a logo for your website in the article below.
What is a logo, and why is it needed?
The logo is one of the first elements that a visitor to an online store sees. It affects the perception of the site, forms the first impressions, and also helps to stand out against the background of competitors. With its help, the company creates customer loyalty and increases project visibility.
A logo is a unique sign that belongs to the company and is its business card. It performs several functions:
- The main purpose of the logo is to identify products (services). For buyers and business partners, it evokes clear associations with the company’s product, its quality, and its style.
- Thanks to the logo, people remember the company. Seeing an advertisement for the company’s products, the buyer pays attention to the logo. He recognizes the symbol in retail outlets and, with a high degree of probability, purchases products.
- The logo reflects the values of the company and encourages customers to purchase its products.
Your guide on designing the logo for your website
If you are not a professional designer, there are two ways for you to create a logo. The first is to contact a specialist. The second is to try to cope with this task on your own. Whichever method you choose, in order to get a decent result, you need to be guided by a number of basic rules. When creating a logo, remember that your main task is to emphasize the value of your brand. Therefore, before making a logo, it would be advisable to brainstorm. Of course, no one knows your company as well as you do. So sit down, grab a piece of paper and a pen, and get ready to think.
It doesn’t matter which type of brainstorming you choose. Maybe you just write down the answers to key questions (why did you create your company? what makes it special? how is your company different from your competitors?), or maybe you want to create a mind map or a mood board to clearly state your thoughts. One way or another, having deeply analyzed all the ideas, you will understand exactly what message your future logo should carry. A website that will generate income must be recognizable, understandable, inspire confidence, and make a positive impression on visitors.
The most common ways for creating a logo
Check the most common ways to design a logo for your website:
1. Contact a professional designer.
You can find a specialist on freelance sites or contact a specialized company. If the task is set correctly, the logo will be beautiful and effective. Cons: it may not be affordable at the start of the business.
2. Create a logo in the online designer.
These are services in which it is enough to enter the name of the online store and specify a few parameters to get a logo that is suitable in terms of style, color, and theme. The resulting logo can be edited at your discretion and downloaded in convenient sizes.
3. Create a logo yourself in specialized programs.
For example, in Illustrator or Photoshop. The pluses include professional image quality and full control over the final result.